Our client is looking to recruit a nurse for a private clinic in South Dublin.
Would suit a nurse coming from a Hospital/theatre background looking to move into a setting with set hours.
Hours available are full-time 37.5 Monday to Friday with 1-2 Saturdays a month on rotation.
- Working as part of the Nursing team to perform ophthalmic diagnostic testing on patients as part of clinical work ups for consultations at the Clinic.
- Working as part of the Nursing team to complete virtual consultations with patients to capture motivations for surgery, medical history, visual needs etc prior to their consultation with the Surgeon.
- Scrubbing for laser eye surgery procedures performed in the dedicated theatre at the clinic
- Management of patients on the day of surgery (consent discussion, medication management, counselling on postoperative instructions, completion of slit lamp examinations as part of discharging patients)
- Answering patient queries via phone call/ email
- Assist with planning cataract and lens procedures by calculating IOLs to be used by the Surgeon during the procedure
- Active NMBI registration (RGN)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong service ethic
- Ophthalmic experience is an advantage though not essential
- An interest in Clinical Research would be an advantage though not essential