We are recruiting for an Assistant Manager for a top level entertainment venue in Dublin.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Hospitality back and ideally have experience at running events and or Front of House similar to a Duty Manager.
- To assist in the smooth operational running of the building on a day-to-day basis.
- Motivate, train and lead staff to ensure clarity of direction and priorities are met, and that continuous improvement in customer service and sales standards are achieved.
- Undertake a Duty Manager role during performances - being responsible for the building, Health & Safety, wellbeing and overall experience of all patrons, staff and visiting companies.
- Liaise with producers, promoters and visiting companies and ensure each show’s potential is reached.
- Adopt a proactive hands-on approach in implementing and ensuring best practice and industry standards across all operations.
- Work closely with Event Programming and Ticketing in the set up and announcement of all upcoming events.
- Communicate effectively with all staff, contractors and stakeholders ensuring appropriate information relating to events is distributed and understood.
- Analyse reports and budgets working closely with all departments to create financial settlements for all events.
- Fully support Customer Service initiatives across all areas of the venue, promoting the “Customer is King” mentality with all staff old and new.
- Primary liaison for Cleaning and Security contractors, responsible for rostering and administration.
- Promote and maintain compliance of the venue’s Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Assist the General Manager in the accurate completion of all administrative and financial returns for the venue.
- Understand all aspects of the venue’s operations to support and guide all departments.
- Three years’ experience working in a similar environment.
- Strong financial acumen, skilled in understanding and managing budgets and financial reporting.
- Experienced in leading and managing teams and performance development.
Skills and qualities
- Passionate about live entertainment, highly motivated, resourceful, innovative and forward thinking.
- A resilient, determined, positive, collaborative attitude towards your role and your colleagues.
- A high level of awareness and willingness to respond to customers to meet and exceed their needs, requirements and expectations.
- Strong administration and IT skills, with the ability to work in an organised and efficient manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time and workload management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular and flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Knowledge and experience of Health and Safety and HR policies.
- Previous experience and understanding of building/operations management.